As the ultimate mommy event of the season takes a second trip to Mindanao, expect to be inspired by the different faces of mommyhood on October 15, 2016 at Centrio Mall, from 10AM to 9PM. Whether you’re an expectant mom, a new mom, or a mom of three or four, you’re going to find something to love at Expo Mom Cagayan de Oro.
Expo Mom: The Motherhood Journey features a fun and fulfilling all-day program. In the morning The Modern Nanays of Mindanao, a community of moms who promote breastfeeding, babywearing, and cloth diapering, lead the celebration of motherhood with a Mamba session—a Zumba class made especially for moms with slings! Dr. Raissa Paje Bayawa, founder of Happy Heart Kids Yoga, takes the stage next to enlighten moms about the benefits of prenatal yoga and to share some helpful moves as well.
Two sessions delve deep into the amazing journey that all moms share. The first one focuses on pregnancy and breastfeeding with Dr. Jess Sareno, neonatologist, and Nadine Casino, founder of Modern Nanays of Mindanao. The second touches on baby care with discussions on the right way to wear baby and age-appropriate toys to help with a child’s development.
The other exciting activities scheduled include a bento-making session specifically devoted to picky eaters by the pioneering Bento Mommas, who have actually been with us all over the country this year! You can sign up to participate at bit.ly/bentomommasCDO for Php900, inclusive of basic bento tool kit, bento box and food ingredients for the workshop plus freebies from sponsors, all of which you can take home afterward.
A makeup on the go demonstration for busy mothers by the Kikay Mommy follows in the afternoon, and a craft workshop with a homegrown moms and kids crafts group. In between, many prizes will be given away care of our generous exhibitors and sponsors Caltrate, and Belo Baby.
Topping the motherhood celebration is a fashion show devoted to babywearing, showing one and all that it is possible to look positively trendy with a baby in tow.
A year from its tenth anniversary, Expo Mom continues to be a source of information and inspiration among modern parents and a wellspring of modern products and services for the whole family.
Expo Mom 2016: The Motherhood Journey is co-presented by Caltrate Plus, and Belo Baby with Centrio Mall and Ayala Malls as its venue partner. Creative Juice Communications is its logistics partner. Entrance to Expo Mom is free.
For more information, visit www.mommymundo.com/expomom2016
Mommies love telling stories about our days, our birth, our kids, and we’d like to hear from them! Sharing our mom stories online helps us learn from each other, get inspired and just makes us realize how we are all on the same boat on this adventure called motherhood.
We ask moms to share their #themotherhoodjourney stories with us online and we will reward them with exciting prizes!
Expectant moms can win a Snug-a-hug pillow, Blanqi supportwear, and Mother-K gift box worth P8,950
Snug-a-hug is a specially-designed support pillow used primarily by expecting moms, nursing mothers, recuperating patients and even kids.
Blanqi supportwear eases the pains and strains of pregnancy, while creating a beautifully curved, smooth, silhouette. Blanqi is distributed by Urban Essentials.
The Mother-K includes maternity pads, antibacterial zipper bags, milk storage bags, wipes, and detergent. The Mother-K brand ensures high quality products using organic and eco-friendly materials.
Moms with babies get a chance to win a Georgia Sleigh Cot worth P28,000 This crib is baby-safe and baby-proof. It is made of clear grade New Zealand Plantation Pine with a smooth single hand drop side, ideal for you and your baby’s growing needs. It is sturdy and standing even after years of sleep, play, and other activities. Crafted of hardwood, these cots are tested to the highest safety standards and are built to last. This Georgia Sleigh Cot is distributed by Baby and Beyond.
Moms with toddlers may win an Aprica Stroller Luxuna Light worth P24,999.75
The Aprica Luxuna Light comes in Fresh Aqua. It weighs a total of 4.9kg with a firm body. The seat has multi-positions and reclines from 120-170 degrees and has a high seat of 53cm of the ground. It has a full range hood to protect your child from the elements, and many more features. Aprica is distributed by Cannon Baby Safe Products, Inc.
Moms of kids get to win an ETL Learning Book Set worth P49,915
A Child’s first Library of Learning provides knowledge of all four key areas: Life, Nature, Science, and Our World. It also provides colorful photos and illustrations to attract and maintain the child’s attention and create interest. ETL Learning is distributed by Filway Marketing.
Consolation prizes from our sponsors are also up for grabs!!
Here’s how to join!
1. Follow Mommy Mundo on FB, Twitter, and IG
2. (1 pt)Share whate stage you are in your motherhood by reporting the (stage) icon or using it as your profile picture. Find the icons in this post For all posts, use the appropriate hashtags as follows:
a. Stork: #bellyblessedmama #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
b. Carriage: #momwithababy #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
c. Sock: #momwithatot #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
d. Pinwheel: #lovemykid #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
3.(1 pt) Share your motherhood story by posting a personal photo and telling us about your motherhood journey. Tag @mommymundo and use these hashtags #themotherhoodjourney #expomom2016 #mommymundo
Make sure to tag @mommymundo and @expomom and set your account to public until April 30.
4. (1 pt) Share the Expo Mom 2016 official poster and say that you are going to @expomom
5. Posts may be on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
6. Posts that are published until April 30, 3:00 pm will be counted.
7. Winners will be selected by May 2 and contacted within the week of May 2.
Terms and Conditions:
1. One winner per hashtagged posts will be selected randomly via Rafflecopter. Selected posts per hashtag will get a chance to win one of the following items:
Pregnant (hashtagged #Bellyblessedmama)= Snug-a-hug, Blanqi Supportwear, and Mother K Gift box
With an Infant (hashtagged #Momwithababy) = Baby & Beyond Crib
With a toddler (hashtagged #Momwithatot) = Aprica Stroller
With a school-aged child (hashtagged #lovemykid) = ELT Learning book set
Consolation prizes from our Expo Mom 2016 sponsors will also be awarded!
2. Contest is open to all Philippine Residents. Prizes must be picked up at the designated location. Items may be sent via courier or delivery but costs will be shouldered by the winner.
3. Only one post per person is allowed. Prizes will be awarded according the hashtags used (#bellyblessedmama #momwithababy #momwithatot #lovemykid). Posts will be counted and awarded points manually then raffled off via Rafflecopter
4. Winners will be notified via PM on April 29, and announced on FB and IG
5. Winners will be asked to pick up their prizes at a designated location, and will need to present 2 valid IDs. If they are unable to pick up personally, they must provide the representative with an authorization letter and the two valid IDs.
6. Unclaimed prizes after 60 days will be re-drawn for a new winner
*NOTE: As of April 22: Mechanics edited for clarity. Promo date also adjusted.